Today was an interesting day. After a long and drawn out fiasco with Hosting.com, I made the decision to try a new host. As I write this, Liquid Web is building my new server. While it's a pain in the ass to move, Hosting.com couldn't have done more to blow their relationship with me. They used to be HostMySite.com, which rocked, and that's why I've been with them for 8 years. But under new management now, Hosting.com simply sucks - hence, the big move.
While the server was cooking, I needed to finish up a big piece of 247Toolset. For a long time, I've had the piece developed where you can search your talent pool for the right resource in a very user-friendly fashion. But as I've been creating the Project Management module with its ability to create Project Roles, you could assign a confirmed resource to the Role, but you couldn't search for available talent via the Pool Search - until now. They're now connected together.
I have a lot more work to do to polish it up, but being able to drive through to solicit your resources to fulfill a Role - it functions as expected. I've done some things to make it easy - such as when creating multiples of a Role, all of the Roles are put into a Role Grouping behind the scenes so that the search you do will be associated across the multiple. If you solicit 8 people for 4 Roles in the grouping, and 5 affirm their willingness, you'll be able to assign the 4 Roles from the pool of 5.
That's powerful, and I think maybe even unique in the world of resource allocation.
One foot in front of the other... and I just got an email that my server will be ready shortly. Gonna be a long night!