Working on the painting tonight and I think I've decided on the title "Holiday Glow." I reserve the right to change my mind of course, but that seems fitting enough for now.
I have detail work to do on the sections that are new, but it's coming along fine, I think. I do need to fix an angle problem that I have in the store window, but I'll get to that in the next go pass at it. (ETC: Now somewhat fixed... at least the angles are better...)
I brought the humidifier out of the shed today and I have that going beside me. With acrylics, I need humidity, otherwise the paint dries too fast to remain useable for long.
I also video'd my work in a trial of youtube... I'll upload that when the video is done cooking.
This is my last break before I finish it up. I'm making my final considerations about color choices and composition.
Posting my progress to the web site here helps me look at it from a fresh perspective and see what problems I might have that I might not otherwise see. On a complicated painting like this one, such a practice is a good idea and prevents serious problems. For example, I would not have caught my error in the window angles had it not been for publishing the scanned image.